Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Trade & Industry & Ministry of National Development of Singapore to grace the 11th annual Asian Downstream Summit this October
Product name：Senior Minister of State,
SINGAPORE, Sep 21, 2018 - (ACN Newswire) - Asian Downstream Summit is the anchor oil and gas event during Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW), hosted by the Energy Market Authority. The event will gather 1,000+ industry professionals and oil & gas leaders under one roof to offer insights on the latest innovations in the industry. Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) is expected to attract over 10,000+ energy professionals in Singapore.
We are honoured to have Dr Koh Poh Koon, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Trade, and Industry & Ministry of National Development of Singapore to grace the event and announce the winners of the Digital Transformation Awards 2018.
The Award categories are included as below and top nominated posters will be displayed at the Exhibition Hall:
- Best Digital Transformation Programme (Operator - refinery, petrochemical, chemicals)
- Best Innovative Technology for Improving Operational Efficiency (Digital)
- Best Innovative Technology for Improving Operational Efficiency (Other technology)
Dr Koh was elected as a Member of Parliament for Ang Mo Kio GRC on 11 September 2015. He has served at the Ministry of Trade & Industry and Ministry of National Development since 11 January 2016, and was appointed Senior Minister of State on 1 May 2017.
As the Senior Minister of State for Trade and Industry, Dr Koh oversees the research and development matters, and is the patron of the Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE). He is involved in the implementation of the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME) domain strategy under the Research, Innovation and Enterprise 2020 (RIE2020) plan. Dr Koh also co-chairs two subcommittees in the Council for Skills, Innovation and Productivity (CSIP) where he oversees the transformation of the manufacturing, trade and connectivity clusters.
Over 400+ industry leaders including refiners, petrochemical players, and chemicals manufacturers, EPCS, consultants and leading technology experts have already registered for the Asian Downstream summit this year.
Notable companies in attendance include:
Aramco Asia Singapore
Bangchak Corporation Public Company Limited
Binh Son Refining & Petrochemical
BP Singapore Pte Ltd
Borouge Pte Ltd
COSMO OIL INTERNATIONAL PTE. LTD
Denka Chemicals Holdings Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
ExxonMobil Research and Engineering
KBC (A Yokogawa Company)
MOL Hungarian Oil & Gas PLC
Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore
Petronas Penapisan Terengganu (PPTSB)
PT. KREASINDO RESOURCES INDONESIA
PTT Global Chemical
Reliance Industries Ltd
SABIC Asia Paciifc Pte Ltd
Singapore Refining Company
SK Global Chemical Singapore Pte Ltd
Other exciting features at Asian Downstream Summit 2018 include:
1. TechTalks @ ExpoHall: Asian Downstream Summit 2018 will feature an interactive exhibition by top solution providers and technology experts. A purpose-built, FREE-to-attend, technical theatre on the exhibition floor will provide technology companies with the opportunity to host expert talks showcasing their latest innovations. TechTalks are open to all conference delegates and visitors. Topics at TechTalks include:
- Measurements of contaminants in Ethylene using OA-ICOS laser technology by Marc-Andre Laliberte, Product Manager - LGR-ICOS(TM) Gas Analyzers, ABB, Canada
- Utilizing New Chemistries to Reduce Mechanical Cleaning Time in Critical/Non-Critical Path Equipment by Ka Siang Chua, Technical Sales Engineer, Zyme-Flow Decon Technology, Singapore
- Fit to Operate - Real time safety barrier health and proactive management to lower operational risks by Welmer van Ginkel, Senior Business Consultant, eVision Industry Software, Netherlands
- SDx - Smart digital transformation from Hexagon PPM by Adrian Park, Vice President Information Management & Global Business Development, Hexagon PPM, Norway
- Foundations for Digital Transformation: Connecting the Workforce to the Operations by Edi Gittenberger, CEO, Rider International, Netherlands
- NaviTrack - Industry's leading work process deployment system by Daniel Phan, Consultant, AP-Networks, Singapore
- Human assisted machine learning: past, present, prediction by Dr. Christopher Chin, Analytics Engineer, Seeq Corporation, Malaysia
2. FREE-TO-ATTEND Workshop by KBC (A Yokogawa Company) on Digital readiness assessment: This workshop will walk people through the process of identifying the gap between their organization and the leaders in the industry; in particular the characteristics behind the digital leadership and change management practices of those leading organizations when it comes to leading a Digital Transformation. To drive this analysis KBC will leverage our Digital Readiness Assessment process; and Operational Efficiency global database
3. VIP Breakfast gathering: This year, Baker Hughes (A GE Company), will host a VIP Breakfast gathering on 31st October from 7.50 am - 8.50 am. Registered conference delegates will be selected for this "VIP invite only" breakfast in an intimate setting for private networking opportunities
4. 1-to-1 private Business Meetings: enhancing the event experience by helping you to connect with the other event attendees who are relevant to you for private networking opportunities. It is provided at complimentary for your use, as part of your participation at the event.
For more information, please visit: http://www.downstream-asia.com
About Asian Downstream Summit
The 11th Asian Downstream Summit is the region's largest conference and exhibition for the downstream refining and petrochemical industries. As one of the world's largest downstream-focused events, Asian Downstream Summit is an ideal platform for networking, seeking partnerships, and learning the latest technologies.
Hosting more than 80+ speakers, 40+ international sponsors & exhibitors and 1,000+ attendees & Key Government Officials including Ministerial Delegations, Asian Downstream Summit brings together decision makers to address the future of the downstream oil & gas industry. This year, the focus will be about revolutionizing their operations and maximizing efficiency through the implementation of digital technologies.
Asian Downstream Summit is the anchor event during the Singapore International Energy Week - expected to attract 13,000+ visitors this year.
Event dates and location:
Conference: 31st October - 1st November 2018
Location: Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Singapore
Event website: www.downstream-asia.com
For more information, interviews and media accreditation:
Marketing & Communications
Clarion Events Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 6590 3970
Fax: +65 6223 9196
Copyright 2018 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.acnnewswire.com
Senior Minister of State,